Students Build Content Mastery and Study Skills During Personalized Learning Time (PLT)
All students have PLT during their day. On Fridays students spend most of the day in PLT with their cohort or DEN Leader.
What happens during PLT?
- The PLT teacher will check-in with students regularly about their academic progress
- The PLT teacher will provide content workshops and tutoring
- The PLT teacher will coach students on different learning and study strategies
- Students will work on developing skills to make them an effective learner
- Students will collaborate and practice content with peers
- Students will take content assessments (tests)
Goal Setting and Action Items: On each student's PLP the Goal tab, located on the left menu, shows Long-Term Goals for college, grades, habits of success and pursuing passions. The Goal page also houses each student's Goals for the Year and their daily/weekly action items. The Reflection tab, located on the left menu, shows reflections your student writes as they work on action steps, complete projects, and engage in other PRIDE activities.